Updated February 2024
1. The Promoter is Wine Collective Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 45 003 409 603 of Level 6, 111 Devonshire Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, which holds NSW Liquor Licence Numbers LIQP770010086 and LIQW880014817, and VIC Liquor Licence Number 36300115 (hereafter referred to as ‘the Promoter’).
2. Under the Liquor Act 2007 it is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
3. Entry to the competition is open to all Australian residents over the age of 18 years other than:
a. those who reside in the Northern Territory;
b.employees of the Promoter;
c.members of their immediate family, including spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin; and
d. anyone else connected in any way with setting up or running the competition.
4. The competition can be entered by either:
a. completing a purchase during the promotion period (set out in the Schedule below) at www.thewinecollective.com.au; or
b. completing a purchase during the promotion period (set out in the Schedule below) via the Promoter’s Personal Wine Advisor Service.
5. One entry will be granted per completed transaction.
6. The winner / winners will be randomly selected by the Promoter at the time of the draw set out in the Schedule below.
7. The Promoter will notify the winner / winners at the notification time set out in the Schedule below, using the contact details provided in the relevant sales order. The winner / winners will be required to provide the details of an address where the prize can be safely and securely delivered.
8. The names of the winner / winners will be published online at https://www.thewinecollective.com.au/pages/competition-winners.
9. If a prize is not claimed, the winner will be redrawn and notified via email, and the result of the redraw will be published online at https://www.thewinecollective.com.au/pages/competition-winners on the dates set out in the Schedule below.
10. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the date stipulated in the Schedule below, the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
11. The prize will normally be delivered to the winner via Australia Post, and may take up to 6 weeks after notification to be delivered, however the Promoter reserves the right to select an appropriate delivery method.
12. The Promoter will require delivery to be signed for by either the winner, or the winner’s preferred agent on their behalf. Failure to sign to acknowledge delivery will result in forfeiture of the prize.
13. This competition is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winner.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
15. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
16. Payment of standard delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Promoter. The winner will be responsible for any other expenses associated with accepting the prize.
17. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited.
18. The prize components are decided by the Promoter and are not able to be swapped for alternate items.
19. The Promoter’s decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (using photographs, film and/or recordings) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. By entering this promotion, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity arrangements made by or on the behalf of the Promoter.
23. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained by any entrant/winner as a result of participating in this promotion or accepting any prize.
24. You must not register multiple times or use false or misleading information when registering or using our services and you must update your details if they have changed since your last use of our services.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage which you may suffer because you have not provided complete, accurate and up-to-date information.
25. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, civil or military disturbance, act of God, any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation, or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control or if this promotion is interfered with in any way, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to disqualify any entrant or (b) subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
26. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the internet user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
27. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including but not limited to any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this competition.
28. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to redetermine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
30. It is an offence to knowingly deliver a liquor order online to a person if they are intoxicated or there is a substantial risk of intoxication.
31. All entries become the property of the Promoter with the exception of any intellectual property rights included therein. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, they should contact the Promoter. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to the Promoter.
32. The Promoter is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use their personal information in order to arrange delivery of their prize.
33. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery agencies and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If an entrant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Promoter may determine, in its absolute discretion, that they are not eligible to win a prize.