About this Policy
This policy sets out how TWS Wholesale Pty Ltd trading as The Wine Collective (ABN 45 003 409 603) and its related bodies collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
By accessing or using The Wine Collective services, including the website located at www.thewinecollective.com.au (The Wine Collective Website) you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. In this policy, "personal information" refers to information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about a natural person whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
The Wine Collective and Privacy
The Wine Collective is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended by the Privacy Ammendment (Private Sector) Act 2000).
What personal information is collected
The Wine Collective collects personal information that it considers necessary for it, or its related bodies corporate to provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by The Wine Collective may include:
- Your name,
- Address and contact details,
- Bank account and credit account details,
- User IDs and passwords,
- The services provided to you,
- Records of your communications with The Wine Collective including communications through agreements, online forms, electronic requests and enquiries, bulletin boards, live-chat, blogs, competition entries, online forums, phone services and other forms of electronic messaging (Communications Services).
How is personal information collected
The Wine Collective collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide information directly to The Wine Collective in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise)
- Directly from you when you communicate with The Wine Collective or any other person, including using The Wine Collective' Communications Services
- From third parties such as:
o The Wine Collective' related companies;
o Resellers of The Wine Collective' services; and service providers to The Wine Collective;
o Operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on The Wine Collective Website;
o From organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed"
How is personal information used
Your personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide the services requested by you
- To manage those services, including to enable customer service and billing
- To research, develop and improve The Wine Collective' services
- To conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with The Wine Collective' services
- To generate statistics in relation to the The Wine Collective Website
- To promote and market special offers and other services to you. If you do not want to receive these please let us know by clicking on the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page and advising us that you would like to "opt out". In addition, if we email you we will include a way for you to "opt out" of receiving further emails.
- For purposes connected with the operation of the The Wine Collective Website
- To personalise the advertising you see when you visit sites within the The Wine Collective Website
How is personal information disclosed
The Wine Collective may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than The Wine Collective. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- The Wine Collective' related bodies corporate
- The public if you advertise with The Wine Collective or use publicly available Communications Services
- Individuals and organisations that advertise with The Wine Collective if you submit an enquiry with The Wine Collective. Depending on your enquiry these may include:
- Private advertisers
- Operators of Linked Sites. If you do not want The Wine Collective to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations do not submit enquiries
- Outsourced service providers who assist The Wine Collective to provide its services including:
o Information technology providers
o Marketing and market research advisers
o Professional advisers
- Resellers of The Wine Collective services
- Organisations involved in a sale/transfer of The Wine Collective assets, business or shares
- Government and regulatory authorities as required by law
How to access your personal information
You may request access your personal Information. If you wish to access your personal information please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information requested. There is no charge for this service.
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, The Wine Collective may not be able to provide you with the full range of The Wine Collective services.
The Wine Collective Website, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the The Wine Collective Website, The Wine Collective records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system. The Wine Collective also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (typically between 30 and 90 days). Cookies may be used by The Wine Collective to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the The Wine Collective Website, measure and analyse usage of the The Wine Collective Website and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the The Wine Collective Website and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to that site or other sites within the The Wine Collective Website. You may adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled The Wine Collective may not be able to provide you with the full range of The Wine Collective services.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Learn how Google uses data.
How can I request deletion of my personal data?
You have the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances, such as, for example, in relation to receiving marketing communications, or in relation to your account with The Wine Collective. Please refer to the following information on how to proceed with submitting a request to delete your personal data.
Withdrawing Consent for Marketing Communications
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing communications, you can do this as follows:
- through your account settings at https://www.thewinecollective.com.au/account#preference-center’;
- to withdraw consent for marketing emails - by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ or ‘Update your preferences’ link in the email;
- to withdraw consent for marketing SMS - by following the steps provided in the SMS; or
- by contacting us via our help centre at https://www.thewinecollective.com.au/pages/contact-us.
Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing communications, it may take up to five (5) business days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Please note you may still receive marketing communications during this period.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications through a specific communication mode (e.g. SMS) we may still contact you via other communication modes you have subscribed to (e.g. email).
Please note it is not possible to unsubscribe from non-promotional (transactional) communications relating to your online orders or the operation of your account.
Deleting your Wine Collective Account
You may delete your account by logging in to your user account on our iOS App under “Account > My Account” and clicking the “Remove Account” button. We will process such a request within a reasonable time from receiving notice from you of your withdrawal of consent. Once the processing is complete, we will no longer collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data, except to the extent we retain your Personal Data for fraud, product recall, compliance, regulatory or other legal purposes. For account deletion on any other platform, please contact us via our help centre
Other requests to delete your personal data
If you wish to submit other requests in relation to the deletion of your personal data, please contact us via our help centre .
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change or update your personal information, or just wish to enquire about privacy, please start a Live Chat with our team between 9am-5pm Weekdays. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website. The amended policy will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.
About security and personal Information
The Wine Collective takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure.